Monday, January 26, 2015

old work






Today I dug out some old work of mine. Executed between 1993 and 2002 ,all acrylic and bees wax on hand-stitched paper bags and rolled up in tubes, stuck in my basement. So I pulled everything out.There were about 25 works or so and set it up to capture them digitally. I still have heavy folders full of slides. It was fun to see these pieces again in daylight, see the transition of the work, smell the beeswax. It brought back memories of my old studio ( my living room), days with a  phone on a chord and labeling slides. I liked that 'by hand' pace.
All works are available for sale by the way.

1 comment:

  1. I love these! It's wonderful to see the evolution of your imagery, or at least a small piece of it. And the tactile quality of these pieces is pretty remarkable - thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete