Wednesday, January 28, 2015

DANCE !!






I LOVE to dance. I started dancing when I was 5 years old and living in a suburb of Buenos Aires. My mom had taken me to see Swan Lake and I danced to the music in outfits from the dress up box, in white of course, face in agony as the dying swan comes to her end. Later in Germany I took classes of and on and really got back into it in my teenage years. I would've loved to dance professionally but luckily I knew back then that my body was not made for it. I am not flexible. After years of teaching aerobics in my twenties to make money ( later I taught yoga) I found myself falling head over heals in love with partner dancing. I dabbled in swing , salsa, waltz and contra dancing, but my real passion was zydeco. I would go dancing 5 nights a week at times and joined an equally obsessed and lovely community. Now I love going to Tara Dyberg's improvisation class,   http://tdyberg.wix.com/lotus-body#!about2/cr81 . Can you see the pleasure in my face ? I love moving my body in many ways, but dancing is really one of my most treasured ways to celebrate living. Dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment