Thursday, March 24, 2016

My work again on The jealous Curator

Thank you Jealous Curator !  http://www.thejealouscurator.com/blog/?s=anne+siems&x=9&y=13






search /// anne siems




anne siems
annesiems
Ah, the ghostly, strange, and beautiful large scale {most are 48″x36″} paintings of German born, Seattle based artist Anne Siems. I wrote about her way back in 2012. Her work was lovely then, but it has evolved so beautifully. Here are Anne’s words on that:
“My work has moved from semi-abstract, room-filling plant and insect drawings, to paintings of detailed botanical and anatomical imagery on waxed paper bags, to my current work of young women and children on wood panel. The thread here being my fascination and awe of life on this planet and the connectedness I feel to all, but find hard to describe in words. In the process of finding healing for chronic pain and fatigue (I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia eight years ago), I have deepened my interest in shamanism, ceremony and the deep nurturing that nature provides.”
Love.




i’m jealous of anne siems




Ahh, the work of Seattle based, German-born, artist Anne Siems… so beautiful, so so strange. This is actually her work from a few years ago {here’s her more recent work}, but the closeups of these paintings on panel were just too amazing not to show. There is an entire world happening in each of these pieces… lovely lambs, tiny flowers, and a strange little man riding… um,  is that a dog?




No comments:

Post a Comment