Friday, August 28, 2015

Vaction shots




We spent the first part of our trip in Germany with my family on an eco ranch. We did horseback riding, learned about cow whispering and my favorite thing was getting to know the herd of Gotland sheep.
I helped shear three sheep and got to keep a bunch of the wool which I loosely braided and sewed into a stool cushion.
I love, love, love wool.
And I really fell in love with these lovely breed of sheep.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotland_%28sheep%29
I think I may paint them.

More from my trip in the next blogs

2 comments:

  1. This is a very organic looking cushion!. I read somewhere that this type of woolwork and wet felting are the oldest ways of making things out of wool

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very organic looking cushion!. I read somewhere that this type of woolwork and wet felting are the oldest ways of making things out of wool

    ReplyDelete